In this project, in order to reduce the size of the prototype and make the hardware more durable inside the beach ball, we made our own circuit board to integrate all the modules. Software: Eagle, Mach3. CNC Router Machine: general 4020 desktop CNC.
3. Create new project. And create new schematic in the new project. 4. In the new schematic. Use add command in the command line to open library list, search for the part symbol to add. Select the right part to add into the schematic drawing. Using the net tool to draw the wires. 5.When finish drawing the schematic, go to file->switch to board to layout the board. 6. In the board editor, move the parts in the proper position. ( the least wire crossing, may need to try several times of testing). 7.Open the DRC( design rules), in the options window, in the clearance tab, change the parameter to 12 mil or more.
Then go to Edit->Net classes, change the width parameter to 16 or 18 mil.
8. Run Autorouter, in the top layer drop down select N/A, in Effort select “High”, then click continue to run the auto router.
It will generate several layout of the wires, select the most suitable one.
9. For some wire that cannot be connect by autorouter, using router tool and rip up tool to manually draw. ( Some wire may need using flying wire to connect, can leave some pads to solder later)
10. After auto routing, use the moving tool and change value tool to adjust the wires to made them thicker and leave more space between them if possible.
Generate gcode 1.Download the gcode plugin pcb-gcode for eagle. http://pcbgcode.org/list.php?12 2. Unzip the file, put it into somewhere easy to find. 3. In the eagle board editor, go to file -> Run ulp, in the pop up window, select the pcb-gcode-setup.ulp.
4. Set up the parameters.
The depth can set to -1.5( it is the copper board thickness), if the wire width is thin and the clearance cannot be set to high in the board, you can also check on the “single pass”.
In the machine tab, change the z-axis parameters and tool dia parameter. The z down is the copper layer thickness.Drill depth is the board thickness. Too dia is the etch tool diameter.
In gcode style tab, select mach3-EMC for windows( if you are using different cnc software, make sure you got the right gcode style)
5. Click accept and make my board to generate gcode. In the popup preview windows, check the etching path successfully separate the different wires that next to each other.
6. Copy the generated etch,drill(mill if you have shape in mill layer) .tap files in usb disk. Setup CNC router 1.Connect the cnc router parallel port to the pc parallel port ( cannot using usb parallel cable,MUST using true parallel port.Another solution is to get a cnc usb controller) 2. The PC must run a 32-bit windows, download and install mach3.http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3/ (The demo version may only run g-code less than 200 lines) 3. Run mach mill, in config,select the “native unit setup” make sure it is “mm”.
4. In config, click and open “ports and pins” window, setup the x,y,z ports’ pins.
5. In input signals, if your cnc machine have emergency stop or x,y,z limit trigger, search the setup online. 6. In config, open”motor tuning” configuration window. And set the x,y,z parameters as follows.
2. Fix the board on the cnc cutting area, make sure it is perfect flat. 3. Press flashing “Reset” button to enable the machine.Using arrow key (keyboard) to move the tool, move the bit’s tip on the original point and just touch the copper board. 4. By click Zero X,Zero Y,Zero Z to set the x,y,z original point. 5. Load the etching tap file that generated before. Click start to start etching. 6. After etching, change the drilling bit, readjust the z original position(not change the X and Y!). Load and run the drilling gcode file. 7. If you have milling file, change the tool to milling bit and readjust the z zero. Load and run. 8. After that, remove the board and wash the finished circuit board.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.